Blake Hall College > Courses > Undergraduate Courses > BA (Hons) Business Studies
BA (Hons) Business Studies - Final Year Top-Up
The final year business degree is a level 6 NQF/QFC qualification.
The degree in Business Studies is designed as a top-up business course for holders of NQF/QCF level 5 Business course qualifications; for example the BTEC Edexcel HND in Business, to progress to full Undergraduate Honours.
The BA Hons top up is focussed on improving students’ knowledge about organisations, their management and the changing external environments in which they operate.
Minimum Entry requirements
To be accepted onto the final year business bachelor course, the following minimum entry requirements must be met:
- HND Business or equivalent QCF level 5 qualification or NQF level 5 qualification
- For students whose first language is not English, the required standard for the BA (Hons) top up is Level B2 of the Common European Framework (CEFR) or equivalent
- Successful completion of internal assessments
- Availability of the degree in Business Studies is dependent on group size
January, May and September
The top-Up business course is normally studied over a 10-month period, but this may be extended to suit your individual needs, up to a maximum of three years.
Assessment periods for the degree in Business Studies are in January, May and August.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the course you should be able to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of organisations and the external environment in which a person operates with a strong emphasis on change-management
- An excellent awareness of the development and operation of markets for resources and services
- A good understanding of financial data to aid management decision-making
- A sound comprehension of relevant communication and information technology for application in business and management
- A knowledge of how to develop appropriate policies and strategies within a changing environment, to meet stakeholder interests
• Business Strategy
• International Business Management
• Small Business Development
• Thematic Independent Study
To enrol as a student on this top up course at Blake Hall College you need to provide the following documentation:
- The Blake Hall College Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Proof of qualifications with transcripts and final certificates
- Passport copy
- English Test if required
- Signed Terms and Conditions
- Signed IT policy
- Signed Price Plan
Blake Hall College Fees Information>>
After the successful completion of the BA Hons Business Studies students will be able to continue onto a Masters in Business Administration or Post Graduate Diploma Courses Society moves at an increasingly rapid pace nowadays, with communication systems changing and businesses re-inventing new structures daily. The University top up course in Business Studies gives students a valuable business degree which helps them to adapt and contribute to change by teaching them to think holistically about all aspects of business.