Blake Hall College provides students with all necessary information and services to make their stay in London as pleasant as possible.
It is unlikely that you will encounter any difficulty at immigration if you have the correct documents with you (in your hand luggage). The following documents are required when entering the UK on a Tier 4 Student visa:
- Your passport with your visa (please ensure the college license number is visible)
- A copy of your Blake Hall College unconditonal offer letter containing your CAS number
- Accommodation address in the UK
- The contact details of the person meeting you at the airport
- UK currency, travellers cheques or ATM card
Once you arrive at the airport you have to show the Immigration Officer your passport and entry clearance documents as specified above or your Visa identity card where necessary. The immigration officer might ask a series of questions regarding your programme of study and College. The questions will mainly be to asess the reason for you wanting to come and study in the UK. If the Immigration Officer is satisfied, he/she will put a date stamp in your passport.
On arrival in London the student needs be aware of the following:
• The student must have a valid UK visa
• The student is advised to purchase an Oyster card (travel card) at the airport in order to travel by bus or underground train
• The student is advised to know the full address and Post Code where he/she will be staying
• The students should know how to get to his/her destination by public transport www.tfl.gov.uk
The UKBA allows students to arrive up to 10 days after the published intake date. Some visas may take longer to process; therefore Blake Hall College will provide students with a deferment letter providing that they inform the College that they will not be able to arrive in time for the published intake date. If the student does not notify the College within the valid period of arrival, the student will be reported to UKBA as a "non-arrival."
Blake Hall College provides students with an extensive Induction programme to help them adapt to their new surroundings. The Induction normally lasts for a day.
Students need to bring:
• An original Passport
• An original Visa
• Original Academic Qualifications
• 2 Passport photos
Students will complete the following:
• Biometric registration
• Blake Hall College registration form
Students will attend seminars by the Marketing Team, Student Welfare Department, Student Union and the relevant Academic Department to explain the policies and procedures of Blake Hall College in more detail.
The following topics will be discussed:
• Class Schedules
• Term Dates and Holidays
• Visa Extensions and Procedures
• Attendance Policies
• Course information and exam information
• The organisational structure of Blake Hall College
• Communication Policies at Blake Hall College
• Student Welfare
• Student Activities and Events
Please note that induction week occurs 4 times a year. If a student arrives late for his/her course, the student will not be able to attend Induction.