22 Reasons why to study at BHC
1. Blake Hall College has been fully operational since 2001 and is a UKVI Highly Trusted Sponsor.
2. Blake Hall College works in partnership with the University of Greenwich to offer its Degree programmes.
3. Blake Hall College has access to the University of Greenwich's staff, academic courses, online library and other facilities.
4. The Blake Hall College academic staff, lecturing on degree courses, are all pre-approved by the University of Greenwich.
5. Students’ assignments and examinations are marked by Blake Hall College staff, but assessed and moderated by the University of Greenwich.
6. Blake Hall College students receive the same courses as University of Greenwich students for up to 30% less. The Blake Hall College course fees are therefore more affordable.
7. Students will qualify for a 2 year visa if they enrol for one of our Higher National Diploma courses.
8. Blake Hall College:
i. has been an approved Edexcel Centre since 2009.
ii. Offers a final year “3rd year direct entry” from the University of Greenwich, in BSc (Hons) Computing and BA (Hons) Business Studies.
iii. is approved as CBE Centre by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
iv. is approved by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM).
v. is a founding member of Study UK.
9. Upon enrolment, students will receive student registration cards both from Blake Hall College as well as the University of Greenwich.
10. Blake Hall College has passed all of its interim inspections by the and UKVI.
11. Blake Hall College has been an A-rated College since December 2008 and a UKVI Highly Trusted Sponsor in February 2012.
12. Blake Hall College achieved an 89% pass rate on the Edexcel, BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business (HND) in April 2011 which led it students, directly on to the final year of the University of Greenwich’s BA (Hons) in Business Studies Degree.
13. The academic staff at Blake Hall College are well qualified - many are currently enrolled in Doctorate degrees.
14. Blake Hall College is located in Central London in Canada Water which is:
- • 1 stop from Canary Wharf (the new financial heart of London)
- • 2 stops from London Bridge
- • 4 stops from Waterloo Station
- • 190 metres from Canada Water underground and there is a bus station which makes it very convenient to travel to any part of the city.
15. Blake Hall College has one of the most beautiful campuses of all private colleges in London, located in the historic Dock Offices Complex built in 1880 of Canada Water.
16. Blake Hall College is close to a well-equipped gym, which offers students concessional rates. It’s located behind Tesco’s supermarket and Surrey Quays shopping mall, opposite the beautiful Southwark Park which has a lake and sports fields and is next to the brand new Southwark library.
17. There are many students at Blake Hall College, from a wide variety of nationalities and cultures, which makes the college a truly cosmopolitan experience.
18. The staff and services are professional yet, at the same time give the feel of a close knit family environment, which helps students to adapt more easily to their new surroundings. All questions are answered quickly, and advice is freely offered to students.
19. Blake Hall College has a fully democratically elected Student Union that is a full member of the National Union of Students (NUS).
20. English language support is provided if required and individual appointments can be booked with a qualified English tutor.
21. The Student Union organises and helps to fund, (with a budget allocation from the College) social and sporting events such as boat trips on the River Thames, outings to museums, sports tournaments and parties. This makes for a vibrant student life on Campus during which students get the opportunity to meet new friends and learn about other cultures..
22. The College also has a full-Time Welfare Officer, who can help students to deal with issues such as jobs, accommodation, travel, visas, health and provides a confidential counselling and support service to help students to settle into a new country and to deal with any personal issues which may arise. .